Marvel – Minus the Mansplaining
If you love Marvel but are tired of hearing Cheeto-stained white guys talk about it, this show is for you. Every week hosts Kris & Amy offer a feminine take on the Marvel Extended Universe of films & shows – to the Infinity Saga & beyond!
(Sorry, they’re children of the ’90s.)
Assemble with the Madames as they discuss topics you won’t be hearing anywhere else: What is Vision’s genitalia situation? Does Matt Murdock deserve an honorary medical degree? And Is Phil Coulson actually a cat? Because he apparently has nine lives.
Meet the Madames
Favorite Marvel Movie: Iron Man
Favorite Marvel Character: Tony Stark
In another life, Amy was a successful tech entrepreneur. She’s now embracing the mic & living her dream as a content creator. The transition from corporate to casual has her feeling like Jarvis straightening his tie at a rave, but she’s making it work. When she isn’t editing, designing, & sighing at her tech-challenged partner, Amy enjoys binging her favorite shows. Battlestar Galactica & Firefly top the list, but she’s also fluent in NBC Must-See TV circa 1995. Amy spends most nights imagining herself the meat in the middle of a Thor & Valkyrie sandwich.
A few more details about Amy…
- Though she can’t draw to save her life, she is an avid oil painter.
- Video games are Amy’s favorite pastime, with Wolfenstein at the top of her list.
- When she’s not killing virtual Nazis, Amy can be found tending her farm on Stardew Valley.
- Amy is a loyal fan of the Longmire book series as well as the Netflix show.
- One day, Amy hopes to create a virtual framework by which she can live in Stark Tower & have unlimited access to all of Tony’s toys.
Favorite Marvel Character: Loki
Before finding her calling in podcasting, Kris had 25 jobs that lasted anywhere from 6 hours to several years, often at the same time. Kris’s husband thought the CIA might have a use for her encyclopedic brain. Alas, they weren’t interested in her knowledge of 90’s television. She’s now grateful to have an audience that appreciates her Saved by the Bell references.
Some more tidbits about Kris…
- Being an uber introvert, Kris is a total bibliophile. Her favorite books are J.D. Robb’s “In Death” series, which she can recite in her sleep by now.
- As a military spouse, Kris has been on the move. A LOT. She has lived in California, New Jersey, Mississippi, Texas, and Maryland…in the last 7 years.
- Two adorable dogs and one tubby feline allow Kris & her husband to share the house with them.
- Kris has a collection of Marvel Funko pops & action figures that is slowly consuming her office.
- Though she’s not allowed to discuss it in the presence of her needle-phobic co-host, Kris uses acupuncture and naturopathic medicine to manage a few chronic illnesses.